Saturday, June 3, 2017

Watercolors & Stress Relieving Therapy

Hey all! Man-oh-man it's been a hot minute since I did a new blog post. Almost three years to be exact. Cringeworthy, I know. 😬 I've been so busy with life and designing I just didn't have time. I figured I better get back at it this summer. To kick off my blog rebirth I figured it would be fun to do a little art and craft project. So I dusted off my old watercolor paints and got to work!




There's no real rules when it comes to painting. That's why it's a great stress reliever and one of the main reasons I'm trying to pick painting back up. If you have been following me on any of my social media pages you know I'm going through some health stuff right now. Needless to say, not fun.

I used to paint with both watercolor and acrylics all through school growing up. I really wish I would have thought to take pictures of my pieces back then but at that time, we weren't living in a strong social media driven world. I actually sold all my projects during my senior art show in high school so I don't even have any I can dig out. *Tears* 😭

Anyways, I just wanted to show a super quick and easy watercolor I did tonight. It's actually a character in one of my new clipart sets. I'll post a link at the very end for you can compare. Hope you like the little guy! I tried my best to get some step by step photos. I'm not going to lie, I'm very rusty and the painting didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. Last time I picked up a paintbrush was ten years ago so a lot of spiderwebs to dust off in that part of my brain. Hope you like it!















Voilà! The watercolor painting has been completed! This little character guy can be found in my brand new clipart set: Ultimate Character Faces Clipart Mega Bundle which is sold of Teachers Pay Teachers.






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...